I love snacks. I am the type of girl that likes to eat multiple times a day…3 meals and a couple of snacks here and there. I guess I just like to eat. The guidelines I use for my snacks include:
- It has to taste good
- It has to be fast and easy (less than 5 minutes to prepare)
- It has to be nutritious, with high quality ingredients
- and it has to include some protein
This particular Greek yogurt concoction meets all of those requirements, and I eat it pretty regularly.
Yesterday was a busy day…do I say that every week? I was out-and-about almost all day long. It was fun and exhausting. Although my meals were pretty normal, boring and delicious as usual. I was really low on my water intake. I try really hard to make sure I am drinking a lot of water throughout the day, but today I didn’t. If I am being honest, I didn’t want to drink too much water while running errands, because going to the bathroom every hour with 2 kids in tow is a huge PAIN…so the lack of water intake was a little bit intentional. The interesting thing, is that I missed my water. When I got home around 9pm I quickly consumed 32 oz, and finished off another 64oz before bed…Maybe avoiding water wasn’t the best idea.
- 1/2 cup full fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 packet stevia
- Place the raspberries in a bowl (if they are frozen microwave for 30 seconds first) and smash them with a fork
- Stir in the stevia
- Pour over the Greek yogurt