Have I mentioned before that I love Gingerbread or ginger cookies? I probably did (1 or 10 times) when I posted my Soft Gingersnaps recipe, but let me reiterate for a moment or two…I LOVE gingerbread. I love the touch of spice that comes with each bite, the way it makes my house smell, and how it reminds me of Christmas time. It’s a new found love. I don’t remember eating it as a kid, but I am pretty sure I wouldn’t have been a huge fan, but my mature adult tastebuds LOVE it :)!
Not only does this gingerbread recipes have the same taste and texture as traditional gingerbread, but it is also gluten free, grain free, and paleo friendly. It is made with high fiber coconut flour, nutrient dense cashew butter, and all the ginger and spices that makes gingerbread taste insanely delicious! It is also super simple to make. One mixing bowl and you are good to go – I love recipes like that!
Notes: I made mini loaves with this recipe, but it could be used to make muffins as well. If you want a large loaf, double the recipe. If you don’t have cashew butter, you can soak 1 cup of cashews for 1 hour in warm water. Discard the water before using the cashews and blend all of the ingredients in a blender until a smooth batter forms.
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 1/4 cup agave nectar (pure maple syrup maybe substituted)
- 1/2 cup cashews butter
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp molasses (unsulphered)
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Shift together the coconut flour, arrowroot powder, baking soda, and salt
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well
- Pour into 2 greased mini loaf pans
- Bake 25-30 minutes
- If you don't have a mini loaf pan, you can use a muffin tin and decrease the baking time (makes approx. 8 muffins)
- Not all cashew butters are created equal. 1/4 cup coconut flour was the perfect amount for me, but if your batter seems really runny, add 1 more Tbsp of the coconut flour
- Calories: 153 Fat: 8 grams Carbs: 17 grams Protein: 4 grams