I love goat cheese and I love mini bell peppers…so it only seems obvious to combine the two – right? YES, right, this recipe is so simple, but so GOOOOOD! If you are looking for a healthy super bowl snack, look no further than these little delicious and colorful Stuffed Mini Peppers. The sweet peppers combine perfectly with the tangy and creamy goat cheese, and even the manliest man will like them (you don’t have to mention that they are healthy if you don’t want to).
If you are not much of a super bowl party kinda person, no worries, make them as a veggie side dish to serve for dinner – I’ve done it before and it was just as good as if I served it at a party or as an appetizer :). I like to make a HUGE batch of them, so I can keep the leftovers in the fridge to snack on the next day. I have even been known to eat them cold. They are good no matter how you eat them.
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 15-20 mini bell peppers
- 1 tsp coconut oil, melted
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Cut the tops off of the mini peppers and de-seed
- Brush the peppers with coconut oil and roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes
- While roasting, combine the goat cheese, parsley, and peppers
- Remove the peppers from the oven and allow to cool
- Once cool enough to handle, stuff each pepper with a spoonful of the goat cheese
- Return to the oven and bake until cheese is heated through and just starting to melt ~5 minutes
- Calories: 30 Fat: 1.6 grams Carbs: 2 grams Protein: 1.4 grams