Sticky Chicken is one of those foods that I LOVE, but almost never eat…well, because it is fried, and fried food taste delicious but makes me feel awful. It’s almost like a weird blessing that fried food doesn’t agree with my stomach :).
Anyways, everything changed the other day for the better! I was perusing through a cookbook that had the most insanely delicious picture of sticky fingers, when I got the idea (that I should’ve had ages ago); I can make sticky fingers with chicken that isn’t fried – life changing! I also thought, while I am at it, I will make a sauce with significantly less sugar and only use natural sweeteners…so I got to work, and served it for dinner, and I am super proud to announce that my husband has declared this chicken his new favorite dinner! For good reason too, it is insanely delicious, healthy, and so easy to make! This is one of those dinners that comes together in less than 30 minutes, taste great, and the entire family loves it. It is definitely my favorite type of dinner recipe.
I served mine over brown rice and roasted veggies, but feel free to serve it however you’d like.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 Tbsp liquid aminos (soy sauce or tamari maybe substituted)
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and then add to the hot skillet
- Cook until cooked through
- While chicken is cooking add remaining ingredients to a small sauce pan
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat
- Allow to simmer until sauce thickens
- Once sauce has thickened add chicken to the sauce pan and serve
- Calories: 160 Fat: 0.5 grams Carbs: 14 grams Protein: 24 grams