Happy Monday everyone! Did anyone watch the Super Bowl yesterday? We did. The Super Bowl is one of the few times a year when we are actually social and invite people over, and it was a good time. I watched about half of the game (it was a pretty good one), watched the entire half time show (I have mixed feeling about that), and had a great time with friends and family.
Anyways, I know what you are all thinking…really, you are starting the week off with green beans! Yes, I am starting off the week with green beans, and I am very unapologetic about it, because these Roasted Lemon Garlic Green Beans are the BEST green beans you will ever eat, and no, that is no exaggeration. There really aren’t any green beans that taste better than these. It’s no secret that roasting vegetables is my very favorite way to them – roasting them makes them taste simply irresistible…but I promise that adding garlic and lemon to green beans is AMAZING!!! It’s a great way to make sure half of your dinner plate is full of vegetables, because you will want to eat that many of these, plus more.
- 12 oz green beans
- 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Toss the green beans with the coconut oil
- Spread onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- Roast for 20 minutes or until tender crisp
- Immediately after removing from the oven, squeeze on the lemon juice over the green beans
- Serve warm with freshly grated cheese
- Calories: 60 Fat: 3.6 grams Carbs: 6.9 grams Protein: 1.6 grams