It’s Tuesday, and I usually like to post a simple healthy tip on Tuesdays, but it’s also Halloween on Friday, and I don’t know about you, but I am surrounded by candy, chocolate, candy, treats, candy, and more candy. WHY! My Twix Pie is a great deterrent and candy alternative, and I highly recommend trying it if you haven’t yet, but I need MORE! I need something to stop me from eating the entire container of pumpkin chocolate chip cookies that I see every time I go to the grocery store. I swear they strategically place those babies at my eye level!
I am pretty sure these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are just the ticket to effortlessly say “no thanks” when offered a sugary treat. They are everything you could want in a cookie; flavorful pumpkin and spices and spotted with dark chocolate chips – heaven! PLUS they are made without flour, oil, or refined sugar…so no sugar hangover or guilt associated with these treats. IN YOUR FACE Hershey Bar – too much? I actually felt weird typing that.
Anyways, these are super simple to make and were inspired by my Dark Chocolate Flourless Fudge Brownies, so you could whip up a batch of those why you are at it – might as well – right!
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in warm water for 1 hour (use just enough water to cover the cashews and drain the water before using)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Blend (until a smooth batter forms) all the ingredients except the chocolate chips
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Pour into a greased 8x8 baking pan
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Calories: 164 Fat: 7 grams Carbs: 21 grams Protein: 4 grams