If I could eat any treat, in unlimited quantities, without any negative consequences, I would choose cookies. I love them – all of them! Unfortunately for me, eating unlimited amounts of cookies isn’t an option (They don’t get along very well with my waistline)…so in order to get my cookie fix and not derail my health and fitness goals, I get creative; and these cookies do not disappoint. They are soft, chewy, and don’t taste like they are in the least bit healthy.
This recipe is my version of flourless peanut butter cookies. I used natural organic peanut butter, natural omega 3 eggs, and sweetened them with coconut sugar . I like using coconut sugar because the flavor is awesome (it has a caramel like flavor), it is a natural sweetener, it contains fiber and other nutrients, and it works great in this recipe. It can be a little bit hard to find, and pricey…so if you are dying to try these delicious cookies and don’t have coconut sugar on hand, brown sugar works in a pinch.
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl
- shape dough into balls and flatten with a fork or the bottom of a glass
- bake for 8-10 minutes being careful not to over bake
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days (if they last that long)