I’m BAAACK! Have you missed me? I have missed my blog, and my recipes, and my normal way of life, and my sanity…but I have most of those things back now (although I am pretty sure some of my sanity will always be lost). We are in-between homes right now, so my parents were gracious enough to let us live with them until our house is done being built. It’s an adjustment for all parties, to say the least, when you move back in with your parents as an adult…but it hasn’t been bad. It’s been fun, and my kids are LOVING it!
I came to an agreement with my mom that I would cook dinner and buy groceries as a form of “rent” while we stay here, and so far it is working out great. It is forcing me to really meal plan (which I try to do anyways, but it is always easier when you have more external incentive), budget, and come up with some new and delicious meals…so I hoping to be sharing some new dinner recipes in the future.
Today, however, it’s all about the peanut butter. I seriously can’t get enough of it lately. I want to put it in EVERYTHING! I stopped myself from topping my Stuffed Pepper with it tonight at dinner, but you get the idea. I am slightly obsessed. I am way past caring about how it looks while I eat a heaping spoonful of the deliciousness. I know, I know, there are some health concerns with eating peanut butter, and almond butter is probably a better choice…but it’s not the same (although I do LOVE almond butter as well – it depends on my mood). My solution; I buy natural organic peanut butter, why, because it works for me and my situation, and it makes me better about feeding my peanut butter spoonful habit (sometimes I add dark chocolate chips on top – I know I have no shame :).
These No Bake Peanut Butter Oat Bars are the perfect solution to my peanut butter addiction. They are loaded with peanut butter, super simple to make, and topped with dark chocolate. Is there anymore a girl could ask for? They are also made with all wholesome ingredients, which I love, because I feel better when I indulge and have 1… 0r 5! As a fair warning, these bars are no bake, and do have to set up in the fridge, and need to be stored in the fridge…and when they are all set, and at their deliciousness peak, they are still a softer bar…so they might be a little bit messy (my favorite kind of treat :).
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond milk (as needed)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Mix together the peanut butter, oats, sugar, and maple syrup
- Slowly add the almond milk - 1 Tbsp at a time until a uniform (somewhat dry "dough" is formed). Not all natural peanut butter is created equal, and 1/4 cup was perfect for me, but you don't want it to be soggy!
- Press dough onto the bottom of a greased 8x8 baking dish
- Melt together the chocolate chips and coconut oil
- Spread on top of the peanut butter layer
- Chill in the fridge for 3-4 hours
- Serve well chilled and store in the fridge
- These bars are naturally a softer bar, so they tend to be a little but messy - but delicious none-the-less