I love chicken! If you have ever read my What I Ate Wednesday’s posts, you understand what I mean. I eat grilled boneless skinless chicken breast almost daily (usually tossed into my salad at lunch). Even though my love goes deep for chicken breasts (that could be grossly misinterpreted…anyways, moving right along) I like to switch it up every once in awhile. My favorite way to switch up my chicken recipes is to use chicken thighs. They are a dark meat, so they have a little bit more fat and flavor, and are also cheaper than chicken breasts. Organic boneless skinless chicken thighs frequently go on sale at my local grocer, so I usually buy a pound or two when they do. I can’t pass up a sale on high quality meat.
Not only are chicken thighs flavorful and cheap, they are also super easy to prepare. These Lemon Rosemary Chicken Thighs are so quick and easy. They are perfect for a weeknight dinner option. I actually made myself some of these for lunch the other day, that’s how easy they are…and no, I don’t “cook” myself lunch everyday – I am not that crazy, promise. I just had some thighs defrosted in the fridge, and they sounded really good, so I whipped some up for myself.
Anyways, they are easy, and so flavorful. The little bit of butter and rosemary is so dang tasty with all of the lemon flavor, and it makes the dark meat of the thighs almost melt in your mouth – really it is so GOOD…so the next time you see chicken thighs on sale, buy some and try this recipe. You won’t regret it!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary or 1 tsp dried
- 1 Tbsp whole grain mustard
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper and rosemary
- Melt the butter in a large oven safe skillet and add the lemon juice and lemon zest
- Brown the thighs on one side (2-3 minutes), flip and brown on the other side (another 2-3 minutes)
- Put entire skillet in the oven and bake 20-25 minutes
- While baking, mix the mustard and honey together
- Brush the mustard mixture onto the chicken the last 5 minutes of baking and turn oven to broil
- Remove from oven and serve warm
- Calories: 188 Fat: 11 grams Carbs: 4.5 grams Protein: 22 grams