There are a few things I have learned about myself over the years. A few that come to mind; I don’t like yard work, and I really wish I did. I would love to have a beautiful flawless yard, but instead I have a very average yard that requires minimal maintenance. I am not a morning person. I have tried multiple times to force it, and it never ends well. I have finally come to embrace that I do best waking up at 8am instead of 6am. Finally, I cannot buy myself chips and salsa. It’s one of those foods, where before I know it, I have eaten half a bag of chips and half a jar of salsa in one sitting. They are so dang yummy, and addicting.
Since I knew restricting chips and salsa from my diet was a plan that was bound to fail. I had to come up with a healthier version, so I could still enjoy one of my favorite snacks. That is where these homemade baked tortilla chips come into play. They are every bit as crunchy and delicious as the store bought versions…Except these aren’t deep fried and are baked with coconut oil. Plus they are super easy and cost effective to make.
I make these for my family all the time, and they love them. I have also served them to a crowd, and taken them to family gatherings. They are always a hit. I highly recommend serving them with Roasted Sweet Potato Salsa – it’s a match made in heaven.
- 8 corn tortilla, cut into slices
- 1 tsp coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Place the sliced tortillas in a single layer on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Brush each slice with coconut oil
- Add salt to taste
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until lightly browned
- Watch the chips carefully, they go from lightly browned to burnt really fast