I have been on a crazy peanut butter kick lately. I can’t seem to get enough of it, so much so that I almost forgot about my love for almond butter…almost! While we are waiting for our house to be built we have been living with my parents, and my mom has been putting almond butter in her smoothies (while I smoother peanut butter on anything I can find), which ultimately made me miss it, so I went to the store, bought the biggest jar of almond butter I could find, and thought what better way to return some love to my favorite nut butter than by making cookies…which is exactly what I did :).
These Flourless Almond Butter Cookies are modeled after my Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies (a favorite of mine). I added some chocolate to this recipe and couldn’t be happier with how they turned out. They are soft and chewy and delicious, and everything you could want in a cookie. I even liked it without the chocolate, but why leave off chocolate if you don’t have too, right! These cookies were so good in fact, I ate them for lunch yesterday (not my proudest moment), but they are made with only 5 all natural ingredients (which made me feel a little bit better about swapping my salad for cookies :). These are also gluten free and paleo friendly and perfect for those that have a peanut allergy.
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together the almond butter, egg, vanilla, coconut sugar, and baking soda in a large mixing bowl
- Scoop spoonful of batter onto greased cookie sheet
- Bake 8-10 minutes until edges start to lightly brown
- Melt together chocolate chips and coconut oil
- Once cookies are cooled add chocolate to cookies as desired (dipped, drizzle, sandwiched, etc)