Is it Monday, again? Does anyone else think that Mondays come around too often. Does anyone else look at their to-do list for the week on Sunday night, get overwhelmed, and wonder why you didn’t get some of those things done over the weekend? I was looking at my list, and one of the top items is laundry – why didn’t I do the laundry on Saturday? Oh, that’s right, it’s because I despise laundry, and I always put it off. The second thing on my to-do list is the bathrooms. I really should get a weekly schedule going for my chores, but instead, I just clean things when they need to be done, which consequently feel like ALL.THE.TIME.
I did get a few things done this weekend. I got some yard work done, and I got to play around in the kitchen, something I actually look forward to doing (and no, this has not always been the case – I didn’t like cooking/baking until relatively recently). Anyways, is there anyone else out there that can’t seem to get enough of fall baking? I am loving it right now! I love the spices and flavors of fall, and they come through beautifully in these Cinnamon Spice Bars.
These bars are the perfect fall treat (really they are good to eat anytime of the year, but they taste the best in the fall). They have a deep rich spice flavor, and are topped with a light goat cheese frosting – so YUMMAY! And true to My Purple Spoon form, they are made with wholesome ingredients, are gluten free, grain free, and Paleo friendly.
Note: I highly recommend using Blackstrap Molasses in this recipe, it is the darkest and thickest of any molasses and also the most nutrient dense (which is why I recommend it). It boasts high levels of calcium, magnesium, iron, and various other nutrients. It’s a fabulous ingredient to bake with.
- 1 cup cashews, soaked in warm water for 1 hour
- 3 Tbsp Blackstrap Molasses
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup coconut cream (coconut cream is the cream at the top of full fat canned coconut milk - refrigerate the can overnight, do not shake, open and scoop the cream out of the can)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp goat cheese
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Blend together cashews (drain water from cashews before blending), molasses, maple syrup, and egg until smooth
- Pour into large mixing bowl and add remaining ingredients and mix well
- Pour into greased 8x8 baking dish
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
- Mix all ingredients together
- Frost bars once they have cooled
- Blackstrap molasses is highly recommended due to superior nutrient content
- Calories: 108 Fat: 6 grams Carbs: 11 grams Protein: 2.5 grams