One of my favorite Christmas time treats is fudge, any type of cookie, chocolate and peppermint anything, etc…I know, I know that is more than one favorite thing, I just can’t decide which one is my favorite…BUT fudge is definitely at the top of my list. I love it, and the small little squares of chocolatey goodness are almost impossible to resist. Unfortunately, those small squares are full of sugar, marshmallow cream, heavy cream, and the list can go on and on. Although, I am all about moderation, if I ate a few pieces of fudge every time it was calling my name during the Christmas season, I would not be happy with the end result…so I made my own, healthier version. Even though I can’t overeat this Chocolate Peanut Butter Freezer Fudge either (once again, I would be unhappy with the end result), I can enjoy a piece every now-and-then and not feel bad about it, and not be worried about fitting into my favorite pants in a couple of weeks. I LOVE treats like that!
This fudge is also good enough to gift to neighbors (just make sure they know to store it in the freezer). It doesn’t taste “healthy,” which I also love! It is also super super easy to make, calling for only a handful of wholesome ingredients. I highly recommend whipping up a batch.
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 10 oz dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 3/4 cup coconut cream
- Melt the chocolate (I melted mine with a double broiler)
- Puree the bananas in a food processor or blender
- Combine all of the ingredients together and stir gently until smooth and well combined
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper
- Pour the fudge mixture into the prepared pan
- Put in the freezer and freeze 3 to 4 hours
- Cut and serve
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer
- Calories: 227 Fat: 14 grams Carbs: 22 grams Protein: 3.5 grams