Where has summer gone? I feel like it is going by way too fast this year (I know I say that every year…but I mean it this time :). We have been super busy this summer. We have made it a point to make sure we take advantage of warm summer nights and the multiple opportunities we have to spend time outside. I just love summer!
Anyways, I don’t particularly love cooking in the summer. It’s typically WAY too HOT to even think about turning on the oven. In fact, most of our dinners these days are cooked on the grill (it’s delicious and easier in the summer)…but I was CRAVING some chocolate baked goods the other day…so at 11pm at night (when I couldn’t take the craving anymore) I decided to give the recipe I had been thinking about for a while a try, and came up with these insanely delicious Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies. They totally hit the spot and were so worth turning the oven on for!
They are soft and chewy with an brownie like texture (I totally sold you at brownie didn’t I)! They are the perfect combination of peanut butter and chocolate, without either flavor being too powerful. Plus they are made with all natural ingredients! Basically these are the cookies dreams are made of (seriously)!
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp milk of choice (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together all of the ingredients (except the chocolate chips) in a large bowl
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Scoop even size amounts of dough onto a greased cookie sheet
- Bake for 10-12 minutes
- Not all natural peanut butter is created equal, so the 2 Tbsp of milk can vary. If your dough seems really dry you can add more, 1 Tbsp at a time until desired consistency is reached. 2 Tbsp was perfect for my peanut butter.