Happy Halloween! Hopefully you all have some fun things planned for the day/evening. I know it is a busy day here at our house, and my 5 year old is on cloud nine with it all! Stayed tuned on Instagram for a few cute pics of Elsa and Olaf :).
Did any of you play the donut on a string game at Halloween parties as little kids? I remember playing, and I remember the donuts always being plain glazed donuts. I don’t know why, but I have never liked glazed donuts, so as a kid, I didn’t have much motivation to play the donut games. However, if it would have been a chocolate donut or really any kind of donut with real frosting on it, I would have been all over the donut game. Which is still the case, glazed donuts don’t do much for me, but any other type of donut can be hard to resist.
Luckily I don’t have to resist these Chocolate Donuts with Peanut Butter Glaze. They are made with whole grains, no refined sugar, no oil, no butter, and taste divine! Can you really go wrong with a peanut butter and chocolate combo? I don’t think so…
Next time you have a Halloween party and want to play the donut games, try it with these donuts…or just make them for yourself because you deserve a little bit of chocolate in your life.
- 3/4 cup spelt flour (or whole wheat flour)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp Natural peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all dry ingredients into a large bowl
- Combine all wet ingredients in a separate bowl
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients
- Pour into a well greased donut pan
- Bake 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
- Mix all of the ingredients together - start with 1 Tbsp of milk and add 1 Tbsp at a time until desired consistency is met
- Dip the cooled donuts in the glaze and enjoy!
- Calories: 179 Fat: 4 grams Carbs: 34 grams Protein: 5 grams