It’s HOT! At least here in Utah it is. Don’t get me wrong, I am not complaining – I love summer…but the heat does make me reluctant to turn on my oven (one of the few down sides of summer).
Over the past few days, in an attempt to avoid baking, I have been experimenting with no bake desserts. After some failed attempts (I am looking at you Key Lime Pie – I will get that one some day) I finally created the perfect summer dessert…except, it does require turning on the oven – so close. It’s alright though, because this pie is so worth it, even in the dead heat of summer… I promise, and the oven is only on for 15 minutes.
This Chocolate Coconut Truffle Pie recipe only calls for five ingredients that combine together to create a rich, silky, smooth, and insanely delicious treat. It’s also made with wholesome ingredients, because that is how we do things around here, and makes for a decadent healthy indulgence. It’s nut free, dairy free, gluten free, and comes with vegan options. I highly recommend taking it to your next social gathering and then enjoy listening to everyone sing your praise.
- 3 cups unsweetened coconut
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup butter (or coconut oil)
- 1 cup canned coconut milk (full fat)
- 10 oz dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine the coconut, coconut sugar, and butter (or coconut oil) together.
- Press firmly into a 9 inch pie pan
- Bake for 15 minutes or until edges start to brown
- Place the dark chocolate in a large bowl
- Heat coconut milk on the stove top until just boiling
- Pour over dark chocolate chips and allow to sit for 10 minutes
- Stir until coconut milk and chocolate are completely combined
- Add to the baked pie crust
- Refrigerate minimum of 2 hours or until pie has set
- For vegan options: use coconut oil for the crust and vegan chocolate chips in the filling