I love this recipe. It is fast, easy, and versatile. It can be eaten by itself, on a salad (such as this salad here), in a wrap, or in a burrito/taco. PLUS, it is healthy! What else could a girl ask for? If you don’t like chipotle pepper, you can leave it out. It taste great without it.
This month, I want to make an effort to get outside more. Typically the weather is nice during the month of May, and I want to take advantage of it for myself and for my kids. Plus, I have a lot of yard work to do, so I am hoping this goal will give me the motivation to get out and pull some weeds, plant my garden, and plant some flowers.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1/4 cup lime juice (approx 2-3 limes)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4-1/2 tsp chipotle chili pepper (optional)
- Pour the lime juice in a medium to large sized skillet over medium heat (it should be enough lime juice to cover the bottom of the skillet - if not add a little bit more)
- Add the chicken to the skillet
- Sprinkle the herbs and spices over the chicken
- Cook chicken for 3-5 minutes and flip, continue cooking until chicken cooked through (another 3-5 minutes)
- Garnish with Cilantro