The other day while mindlessly wondering around Target (one of my favorite activities), I came across a container of Caramel Peanut Butter Dip in the seasonal food section (ummm, yuuummay). As I glanced at it, I thought it sounded insanely delicious, and then quickly moved on to the seasonal decor. After a little bit more browsing, I headed to the checkout feeling pretty proud of myself for only buying what I actually went there for – that never happens. I always seem to find something that I “need” when I go to Target. How do they do that?
Anyways, when I got home, I couldn’t stop thinking about that dip. I finally broke down and created my own at 11pm that night – and boy am I glad that I did. It taste just as delicious as it sounds, came together super easy, and was much healthier than the store bought version. How can you go wrong with peanut butter and caramel? You can’t. Plus this dip is made with all natural ingredients, healthy fats, no refined sugar, and is vegan…so eat up!
I used this dip for my cut up apple, because that is what I had on hand, but it would be delicious with almost any fruit…or get creative. I don’t think it can taste bad on anything!
- 1/3 cup coconut cream
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- Combine all ingredients, except the peanut butter, together in a medium sauce pan
- Bring to a boil
- Reduce heat to low and stir in peanut butter
- Continue stirring until sauce thickens and remove from heat
- Store the dip in the fridge. It will harden in the fridge, but can be reheated when ready to serve.
- Calories: 95 Fat: 6 grams Carbs: 8 grams Protein: 3 grams